Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Joyeux Anniversaire

One last post from the vintage paper fair:


This poem appeared to be penned from husband to wife on their wedding anniversary, and I found it, months ago, in one of the .25 bins. It seemed like it was worth more than that.

Today is my 3rd wedding anniversary, somehow. I visited my grandparents last night, and they said that they'll have been married 58 years this fall, and together for 68 years. She's put up with me that long, my grandfather said, smiling.

3 comments:

  1. That poem is so cute Suzanne, it took me a while to read it because I'm not used to written cursive now that everyone emails. hehe...

    CONGRATS on your wedding anniversary too. Can't believe it's been 3 years already. Here's to another 55 or more. :)
    xoDale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! What a wonderful love poem - how lucky you are to have been the one to find it. And I love the story about your grandparents. Isn't that what we all hope our marriages will be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dale and Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete