Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Greetings

A dear friend recently told me she thought of this time of year as a brighter kind of Thanksgiving. We were talking about Easter and Passover and, as it happens, this book I've been reading, about what it means to be lost, opened with a discussion of Passover:
"Leave the door open for the unknown, the door into the dark. That's where the most important things come from, where you yourself came from, and where you will go.... The important thing is not that Elijah might show up someday. The important thing is that the doors are left open to the dark every year."
I like this description too, very much. It's come up for me several times this week and last that sometimes questions are more significant than answers.

BigDaddysWeb-29

Photo by Jess Watson

This has little to do with letterpress, admittedly, but I am indeed feeling thankful this year, and open, I hope, to the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment