Wednesday, September 30, 2009

the card society: september

L'automne est un deuxième printemps où chaque feuille est une fleur.

~ Albert Camus

This Camus quote translates to: "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." It would seem Autumn has, in fact, arrived. The air in San Francisco has a new bite.

I hardly know what happened to the month of September, but I was reminded that the month has pretty much come and gone when my second installment of letterpressed cards arrived from The Card Society the other day.


This month the cards are reminiscent of the potted plant garden I'd like to have, but don't. It's nice sometimes when I get cards that are definitely different than anything I can picture myself printing because it reminds me of that old Latin saying: Concerning taste there can be no argument. These cards are lovely and I know exactly who I'm going to send them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment