Monday, September 14, 2009

the card society: august

As previously reported, I signed up for a 3-month membership to The Card Society. After signing up, I got a welcome/confirmation email from none other than Mav, one of the ladies behind the blog I like, 3191, which sort of felt, in a small way, like being contacted by a celebrity. I sometimes forget that the bloggers I admire are writing from home, managing their own blogs, etc.


A few days later, on a rainy Saturday after a fantastic (and uncommon) early morning thunder & lightening storm, the first installment of cards arrived, having traveled from Maine to California. The theme: sea life, somewhat appropriate given the wet weather.


The seaweed is actually a photo on a postcard, while the other two are printed by letterpress. It's always interesting for me to see what's printed on the back of a card, how deep the impression is, how detailed the lines are, etc. Plus it was fun to get something in the mail - sort of like sending myself a card!

1 comment:

  1. wow! I love the seaweed - also your new logo looks beyond fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete