Friday, December 14, 2012

Photographing the Everyday

The lovely Kate of JetKat Photo offered a morning workshop for photographing children at her home this past Sunday and donated all proceeds to charity: water. We spent a lovely morning breakfasting, learning new techniques, and practice-shooting in Kate's beautiful home.

The workshop was the perfect opportunity for me to finally spend some time with my Nikon D90, which I didn't have too long before my daughter was born. I spent the time playing with the aperture and manual focus settings so that I can finally start achieving the kind of images I've been after: more light-filled and with blurred backgrounds, hopefully to the benefit of my daughter, and also my letterpress work (which I've been quite busy with as of late!).

Here's a few of my practice shots:

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Conveniently, I went from the workshop to lunch with my family and got a little more practice with my main subject these days:

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment