Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Impossible Project

Some time ago, on my facebook profile, I posted a link about The Impossible Project - where Impossible b.v. bought an old Polaroid factory with the intent of making a new kind of analog instant film. Thank goodness, because the last packs of Polaroid sold out quickly at Urban Outfitters and are crazy expensive on eBay.

For some reason, it took me a long time to look at The Impossible Project's shop, where they're selling a collection of "rare analog Polaroid treasures" - limited edition film in cool, colorful boxes designed by Paul Giambarba. Luckily, they're still in stock.


I have a modern Polaroid, so I use the most common film stock: 600. You can still get that old school feeling:


While also being able to benefit from remarkable quality:


I'm excited to finally have some new film on the way, and excited, too, to hear the fate and future of The Impossible Project, which will be announced at a press event in NYC on March 22, 2010.

1 comment:

  1. Did you happen to see the awesome Polaroid factory jacket sold in The Impossible Project shop? It's funky, but I really like it. Anyways, glad to hear you snagged some of the remaining film. I should have some type 600 film arriving any day now :)

    ReplyDelete